Saturday, June 8, 2013

MyBrainSc Tips

First of all, i am a holder of MyBrainSc Scholarship for the 1st batch since 2012. This scholarship is rather new but it is the best in terms of its money given. hehe. MyBrainSc is for degree students, and later you can apply for MyBrainMaster and MyBrainPHD too. Just now, I had someone junior of me getting an interview from MyBrainSc this 2013. I would like to wish all of you, good luck and all the best :)

Here some tips:
. Come to the place of interview wearing appropriate formal clothes.
. Be CONFIDENT to answer the questions.
. If they ask a fact question and you don't know, just admit that you don't know rather than guessing.
. If they are asking for opinion, answer it confidently and smoothly, just say anything and everything you think.
. During the interview, you will be divided by your core science subjects and be interviewed by three/four people at once.
. Be sure to increase your knowledge about your applied subjects like maths, chemistry, physics and biology.
. For e.g: in Maths like me, i get question like "If you are given RM1,000,000, how do you spend the whole amount in one year?" I just explained about RM400,000 to invest in stock markets, 
RM400,000 in buying lands and make plantations and RM200,000 for good deeds like building mosque and orphanage house.
. From my friend who taking chemistry, they ask simple question like "Describe water" Be sure to give longer answer rather than just a short question. They are looking for people who can talk well.
. Be sure to give responses in every questions you been asked and try to elaborate more about your answer.
. Please be reminded that you can answer in BM or BI, but don't mixed it up. For me, if the interviewer ask in BI, its better for you to answer in BI.

That's all that I can help, and the last important reminder: PLEASE COME TO THE INTERVIEW.. for sure you will get the scholarships like all my friends do. And remember to apply the appropriate courses in your degree later, otherwise it will be a real waste.

Seriously, this scholarship is the best in Malaysia, even me turned down the JPA scholarship later.
Good luck and be free to ask again :)

17 comments:

  1. Thanx 4 the great sharing:) how long does the interviews? And how to answer if there were three people at the room? Is the interviewer will ask one by one or how? Do we have to interrupt each other to answer? There is no group interview right. Sorry for asking many questions. Hope you can help and pray for my interview goes well. Tq so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure whether your interview had past or not but i just answer ok. The interview is about 20-30 minutes. The waiting period is longer for the one who get late turn. To answer, the interviewer usually choose a person to answer the question, but in some case, the interviewer might ask who like to answer first. Don't worry, every person have the about the same number of turns to answer, but the difference is how long you answer the questions. Don't interrupt when other candidates are talking, it might look you're being disrespect. Just speak when the interviewer ask you to. Yes, there is no group interview, just individual. Speak well and you will do okay. Yeah, no problem. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. assalamualaikum..
    hi i'm atila, i wanna ask your opinion about this scholarship..

    recently, i've just offered by KPT for this scholarship.. i know i should be grateful about this.. but somehow i feel fear in myself and quite hesitate to accept the offer.. i'm fear of the 5 years of paying back to the KPT since i'm admit that i'm not good on teaching.. could you give your advice to me..?
    because i don't have anyone to ask further about this..
    thanks.. :)

    p/s : sorry for my bad grammar.. hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumsalam. It is a scholarship, you don't need to pay back to KPT. You just needed to work for the government for 5 years. I think it doesn't means you must be a lecturer, you can work for other sectors in the government too such as researcher, economist or whatever as long as you worked for goverment-linked companies. You can asked more from the scholar later..

      p/s: sorry for my 2-years late reply xD

      Delete
  4. Hi, I would like to ask what course are you taking now? For maths, would it be possible to apply courses like Bachelor in Mathematics with Statistics? Is that still consider pure maths? Cause I'm a bit confused with pure maths course, and you did mentioned that we have to choose the course correctly otherwise, we'll waste the chance to get the scholarship. I hope you can help in this. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. This is the MAIN courses that mybrainsc support:
      - Bachelor Degree of Science in Mathematics (Pure Mathematics)
      - Bachelor Degree of Science in Chemistry
      - Bachelor Degree of Science in Physics
      - Bachelor Degree of Science in Biology
      However, you can try if you got something different like for myself, I am taking Bachelor Degree of Science in Statistics, but I still getting the scholarship as they said it is because statistics is directly related to mathematics. You can try, but keep hoping the scholar will consider.

      Delete
  5. hi ideen.. i would to know if someone already offered a scholarship and accept it for pre university like international baccalaureate(IB) from MARA...can he apply for MyBrainsc under kpt? can he decline MARA after about 2 years of sponsorship from MARA to accept the offer for MyBrainsc scholarship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Sorry i don't know much about MARA scholarship. I think you can try applying for MyBrainsc, but if you get the offer its better for you to consult with MARA to solve the issue.

      Delete
  6. Hi, may i know whether the interview is carried out individually or they will call in all candidates applying for the same core subject and we have to answer those questions one by one?
    Do we have to revise back things we have studied or they will only ask things not found in our syllabus?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam. Boleh saya tahu, nanti masa nak fly tu dia ada tunggu kat airport for briefing tak? Dia suruh pegi ramai2 ke? atau dia yang dah tentukan group? Masa sampai ada orang sambut? Yelah. Saya tak prnah nak pergi sensorang. risau.

    ReplyDelete
  8. assalam..I've just got an email from my brain sc said I got an offer for the scholarship.but, the course I've got from university was bachelor in science(industrial biology). I've asked my lecturer about the course.she said the course is an applied sc not pure sc.so,what should I do if I still want the scholarship but I cannot change the course to pure sc in my university.should I make a formal written request to my brain sc?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,i want to ask a question,im now taking degree in biology and currently under this scholarship(MyBrainsc). May i know what kind of job that i will have (from KPT) after i finish my study? SInce you are the first batch for this scholarship and maybe already finish your study. I really want to know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. Hi,i want to ask a question,im now taking degree in biology and currently under this scholarship(MyBrainsc). May i know what kind of job that i will have (from KPT) after i finish my study? SInce you are the first batch for this scholarship and maybe already finish your study. I really want to know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, im currently under this scholarship and i wonder what kind of job will i have to work under KPT later? Do you know where i can read more on this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder how long it will take for them to reply me. I just had my interview yesterday and I think it went badly, but hopefully they still accept me. Around how long did it take for MyBrainSc to offer a scholarship after the interview for any successful holders of the scholarship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think they will send an email to you around June or July if you got the scholarship. I also want to apply for the MyBrainSc scholarship but I don't have SPM. I took IGCSEs when I was in secondary school. I emailed them but they didn't reply to me. I was wondering if you met any IGCSE people that was also applying for this scholarship when you had your interview?

      Delete